Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 appetizer servings
- 8 ounces (2 large balls) fresh mozzarella
- 10-ounce jar of roasted piquillo peppers (about 8 individual peppers)
- 1 baguette, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced in half
- approximately 1/4 cup olive oil
- a generous pinch of sea salt
Slice each mozzarella ball into approximately 4-6 slices.
Slice the peppers in half
Rub the inside of one 1/2 of the baguette with the garlic cloves, which will give the bread a subtle, garlicky flavor. (The other half of the baguette is not needed for this recipe)
Drizzle olive oil over the inside of the baguette half.
Place the baguette under a broiler for a few minutes until lightly browned.
Spread the mozzarella out on the baguette half. Top with a light sprinkle of sea salt. Broil just a minute or two, so the mozzarella is just barely warm. Remove from the oven and top with peppers. Slice and serve.