You can also try this salad with cheese such as Grana Padano, blue cheese or fresh goat cheese.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 1 head of butter lettuce, ripped into bite-sized pieces, or a 7-ounce bag of butter lettuce
- 1/4 pound or more of Manchego cheese, grated (or another type of cheese)
- 1 cup pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- honey vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 350
Place the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for five to seven minutes until lightly browned.
Toss the pecans in a large bowl with the lettuce and cheese.
Add half of the vinaigrette, or more if you like. Toss well then season with black pepper and a sprinkle of salt if needed.
© recipe 2012 Jennifer Meier licensed to About.com, Inc.
What is Butter Lettuce?
Butter lettuce is also known as Boston Lettuce. The flavor is mild and the leaves are tender with a cupped shape that holds salad dressing well. Some butter lettuce salad recipes you'll also love:
- Asparagus Butter Lettuce Salad With Pistachios and Mozzarella
- Butter Lettuce Salad With Feta, Mandarin Oranges and Kalamata Olives
- Butter Lettuce, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Pear Salad with Walnuts and Gorgonzola
- Spring Salad Mash (Stamppot Sla)
- Corn Salad in Butter Lettuce Cups
- Tangy Lettuce Salad (Parve)