For this salad, buy either bocconcini, ciliegine or perlini Mozzarella. These names refer to the size of the fresh mozzarella balls. Bocconcini and Ciliegine are both about the size of a cherry tomato, although bocconcini are slightly larger. Perlini are tiny pearl-sized mozzarella balls.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 roasted chicken, meat pulled off the bones
- 1/2 - 1 cup bocconcini, ciliegine or perlini Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced sundried tomatoes (stored in oil)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 1 head of your favorite lettuce or 8-10 ounces of baby greens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Drizzle over the salad. Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Chicken Salad with Mozzarella Recipe, 2010 Jennifer Meier